Clinical Case: Rheumatoid Arthritis
Source: Chinese Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine, 2004, No. 8, Vol. 19
Authors: Yu Juan et al.1
Bianstone Tool Used: Large Bianstone block, Bianstone board, Bianstone slab, and Bianstone stick
Procedures: 1. Do warming method upon relevant positions of the spinal column and the afflicted area with large Bianstone block.
2. Do pressing method along Du Channel and the three Yang Channels of hand and foot with Bianstone board
3. Do puncturing method and scraping method upon relevant acupuncture points with the rear of Bianstone slab
4. Do rolling method upon the spinal column and relevant afflicted area with Bianstone stick
Results: 1. Regarding alleviation of pains, the effect rate is 81%
2. Regarding improvement of dysfunction, the effect rate is 80%
3. Regarding reduction of swellings, the effect rate is 100%
Discussion: The elements contained in Bianstones have positive effects on the improvement of blood circulation and metabolic process. Moreover, they enhance the macrophage system function of the organism as well as its ability to cope with stress. Further, by heightening the oxygen-carrying capacity of red blood cells, and the degree of blood oxygen saturation, they supply brain cells with abundant oxygen, hence rendering the imbalance between yin and yang of the human body reach a new equilibrium.